Guess what? The special day is around the corner and you don’t have a gift for her yet. Your girlfriend is expecting a birthday gift, Christmas gift or perhaps a present to commemorate a special anniversary. Don’t panic – there is a huge variety of gift ideas for girlfriends and with some planning you’ll find a spectacular present.
As the gift card industry has exploded over the past decade, more people are giving and receiving experience gifts. Giving a gift card can be a great way for you to spend the day together participating in a favorite activity or being introduced to a new one. If you prefer, give your girlfriend a chance to spend some time on her own, and choose a gift card for an activity such as visiting a spa. Think about how your girlfriend spends her downtime. Is she a nature lover? White-water-rafting, rappelling, zip-lining, mountain-climbing, and walking or biking tours are all available as an “Experience Gift”. Is she a thrill-seeker? Try a flying lesson, sky-diving, or race-car driving lesson. Perhaps she loves to cook. Check your local area restaurants for evening cooking classes and workshops….and if you love to eat you will both benefit from this one! The point is to choose something that she will enjoy, and that shows her that you know what she likes and care about it.
SMALL BUT GORGEOUS You know the expression…..good things come in small packages. Here is a quick list of small but gorgeous gifts for girlfriends:
- charm bracelet with two to three charms you have chosen to show her that you know her and love her
- wallet or change purse from her favorite designer
- a subscription to a favorite magazine
- a watch
- a travel cosmetic case filled with her favorite cosmetics and fragrance
- a small box of gourmet truffles
- accessories for her electronics such as blackberry case, ipod cover or laptop-briefcase
FREE AND HEARTFELT
When you are on a tight budget, get creative and ask friends for help in coming up with girlfriend birthday gift ideas. Women like to know that they are loved and cherished, and a gift that is heartfelt and thoughtful will always be well-received (and if it isn’t then its time to get a new girlfriend.) Here are two cheap gift ideas for girlfriends:
1) Plan a special day. Bring her breakfast in bed on a tray with the morning paper and one rose. For lunch or dinner, take her on a picnic to a local park or picnic area. Pack sandwiches, fruit, juice or water bottles, and don’t forget a blanket or something to sit on. If you have time, take a stroll together after you eat. Finish her birthday by filling her bathtub with bubbles, and using candles and gentle music for a spa-like atmosphere. You may even want to slip into the tub yourself.
2)Do what needs to be done.Women are busy people, whether they are students or in the workforce. Think hard about your girlfriends typical day. What are five things you can do to help her, make her day easier, or even just save her some time? Here are some things that women tend to neglect – change the oil on her car, mow her lawn, change the batteries in her smoke detector or fire alarm, replace burned out light bulbs or clean out her car. Fix something that has been broken for a while, or pick up her dry-cleaning. There are lots of little things you can do to show you care. You may even be able to come up with several that you can incorporate into a birthday card, homemade gift card or certificate, ie. 10 Little Ways to Make Your Birthday Great. Use your imagination – I know you’ll wow her!
Ultimately, your girlfriend wants to know that you care about her and have remembered her birthday. Women want to know that men put thought into their girlfriends birthday gift ideas rather than just picking up whatever they could find at the drugstore, gas station or corner store. So do a little thinking and planning, and whatever you end up getting her remember that it IS the thought that counts!